Do you also crave sweets? Who isn’t right? Somewhere we all know that having sweets is not healthy for the body as well as our teeth. But there is a delicious healthy option for you that can help you during your midnight sugar cravings that is GULKAND. Gulkand is a sweet delicacy with relish taste and has tonnes of health benefits as well. The benefits of Gulkand are also mentioned in Indian Ayurvedic texts and old Persian texts. Preparations of Gulkand also contain ‘Godanti Bhasma’’ – a natural form of calcium, ‘Praval Pishti’ or processed coral or ‘corallium rubrum’- a heart and brain tonic, cardamom or ‘elaichi’ powder – good for urinary, stomach and respiratory disorders and minute quantities of edible silver, available from Indian grocers as ‘varak’ or thin silver leaves. Let us now look at some of the benefits you can reap from it by its regular consumption:
- Works as a natural coolant: Gulkand is a natural coolant and helps the body to be cool during extreme hot climates. It is very suitable in the Indian climate as well as gulf countries that face extreme summers. Consuming gulkand can help you beat the heat during these days.
- Relieves from acidity and heartburns: sipping the refreshing solution of gulkand can help you to deal with acidity and heartburns throughout the day. Add 1 tablespoon of gulkand in a glass of water to get relief from acidity naturally.
- Good for people with Insomnia: according to the studies more than half of the population is facing insomnia(lack of sleep) in today’s time and they face difficulties in getting sleep. But having gulkand with a glass of milk after dinner or before bed can help you to get a pleasant sleep as gulkand helps in relaxing the body as well as mind.
- Relaxation from period pain: period cramps sometimes become unbearable for many women but having gulkand during your menstrual cycle can provide relief from these severe cramps to a greater extent.
- Removes body toxins and body odour: according to the ayurveda gulkand has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties which helps in the removal of toxins from the body and as it also has coolant properties it helps to prevent body odours.
- Help to treat constipation: it helps in better excretion of stool from the body as it draws excess water and thus one can get rid from mild or moderate constipation.
- Good for skin and hair: everyone dreams for a glowing skin and strong hair, adding gulkand in your daily routine can help you to get both. Gulkand is very good for hair as it strengthens the follicles and boosts the hair growth, also as it removes the unwanted toxins from the body it ultimately gives a glowing and beautiful and clear skin.
- Helps in weight loss: gulkand has very low calories but it is very rich in nutrients. If you are planning to lose some weight then gulkand is for you. It has 0% fats, so consuming it doesn’t contribute to additional calories but it fulfills the other needs of nutrients such as dietary fibres, carbohydrates and water.
These are the few benefits of having gulkand on a daily basis. You can get relief from so many day to day health problems by just including gulkand into your routine. Hence, gulkand is your healthy and tasty tonic.